More about Sense
Cost-effective, technically advanced and easily scalable with business growth, a Retell solution can have a highly-beneficial impact on the budget of any enterprise, particularly when compared to products from competitors such as Nice or Verint.
With our integrated speech analytics, completely scalable solutions and open architecture Retell is the choice of many of the largest companies.
SENSE: A Retell worldbeater.
We’ve developed our unique and world-leading SENSE call recording platform on the back of our years of experience and insiders’ knowledge of customer requirements.
Cost-effective, future-proof and scalable, SENSE protects your investment by working with any type of PABX.
Part of an ever-evolving family, SENSE has been adopted as a standard technology base by many other suppliers and has been integrated with leading PABX, CRM and call management solutions.
You can buy SENSE as a full turnkey recording system complete with server and software, or as an interface to your own software. Because we write and control all the code, we can ensure SENSE’s reliability, stability and readiness for tailored integration to your needs.
Find out more about SENSE
Award Winning Software
Retell celebrated success in winning the 2011 Comms National Awards ‘Vendor Category’ for Peripheral Product of the Year. Retell’s winning entry was for Sense, its own UK manufactured multi-line call recording platform, which includes integrated call management and a host of options.
The award was presented to Mike Holland, and Everton Stuart at Retell by Tom Fellowes, Sales Director for Spitfire Technology Group, whom sponsored the Vendor Category. Top TV actor and comedian Hugh Dennis and X-Factor voice-over supremo Peter Dickson led proceedings at the stunning event staged at London’s Park Lane Hotel, Piccadilly on 13th October 2011.
Retell’s resellers and distributors have welcomed Sense for its feature-rich functionality and excellent sales and installation opportunities. Sense also offers active features including a Voice Firewall to protect phone systems against hacking, muted recording via DTMF to help companies maintain credit card security and PCI DSS compliance, injecting audio into a call to play customisable ‘your calls are being recorded’ announcements and enabling users of Blackberry mobile recording software to facilitate the recording of the conferenced leg of the call to assist with FCA compliance.
Everton Stuart at Retell said:
“Retell’s success in winning this prestigious award in the Vendor Category, demonstrates that Sense is not just a “me-too” call recorder, but a multi-faceted business performance tool, which offers resellers considerable opportunities and an excellent return on investment to end users. Retell would like to take this opportunity to thank all its distributors, resellers and key partners for the continued support over the years. This accolade is a celebration for both Retell’s Sense and the successful relationship which Retell enjoys through its expanding channel network.”
Sense is integrated with virtually all of the PABXs that are available.
• 100% matching of PABX extensions to calls recorded on the trunk: 100% logical PABX call matching, especially beneficial when the call’s PABX channel is unknown. Our 2009 patent allows matching of multiple calls into a PABX, irrespective of whether all calls are ID-witheld or answered by different extensions.
• Other call recording companies cannot do this, and so you will get mismatches – allowing for example the newest employee to play back a call that MD made.
Full Compatibility List
TAPI output is integrated with the following PABXs, so that you can search for calls by extension:
3Com NBX, 3CX, Aastra 800, Aastra Intelligate/OIP, Alcatel OminiPCX Office (OXO), Alcatel OmniPCX Enterprise (enterprise (OXE)/Alcatel 4400, Asterisk, Avaya Communication Manager, Avaya Definity, Avaya Index, Avaya IP Office, Broadsoft Broadworks, BT Versatiltity, Cisco Call manager Express, Cisco UC500, Cicso UCM (Call Manager), DeTeWe OpenCom, Ericsson BusinessPhone, LG IPECS, LG IPLDK, LG LDK, Mitel 3000, Mitel 3300, Mitel Axxess (InterTel), Mitel CS5000 (InterTel), NEC Aspire, NEC DXE, NEC SV8100, NEC XN120, Nortel BCM, Nortel Norstar, Panasonic KX-NCP, Panasonic KX-TD, Panasonic KX-TDA, Panasonic KX-TDE, Samsung DCS, Samsung OfficeServ, ShoreTel, Siemens Hipath 3000, Siemens Hipath 4000, Siemens OpenOffice (HOOME), SpliceCom Maximiser, Tadiran Coral IPX, Telrad Connegy, Toshiba CIX, Toshiba CTX
More PABXs will be added, so contact us if your PABX is not listed.
• Cisco. Retell records extensions on Cisco Call Manager. We are doing this in doctor’s surgeries and hospitals on the latest version of Call Manager for the NHS N3 network through the service provider BT.
Retell’s Sense range of telephony hardware and software has been specifically designed as Open Architecture, and for integration with third-party products in need of cost-effective recording, telephone line control, or any other functionality such as a Caller ID feed.
As a hardware manufacturer, some functions are available through the API that are not available in the end user product:
• The interactive voice response low level application client (IVRLLA) can connect to more than one site (recorders installed on different physical locations).
• Running on the Wintel platform, Sense Server can be integrated on different levels
• The low level API encapsulates the Sense hardware and provides generic access to raw audio streams and simplified signalling data.
• The Call Recording back-end (Dot NET) provides a complete turnkey solution including SQL Server, Express/Standard integration, compression, encryption, archiving and an event driven API.
• You can register for events that you want to receive using the DLL on the client with no installation, client or Dot NET required.
• Many of the functions are available by licence.
• The back-end engine is re-brandable (by permission) from the title to driver names and installation folders
• The back-end engine can be hidden behind a customer’s own product
• The installer can choose and display branded 320×240 pixel images
• Different API’s enable the encapsulating product to access Sense functionality behind the scenes
• The Sense Server API is documented in a 80 page manual
• Integration with the backend engine requires good knowledge of programming, Windows architecture, and SQL
• Integration with the low level API only requires knowledge of Windows DLL integration. No knowledge of ISDN, CAPI or telephony is required
In The Box
• Sense API manual
• Sense SDK (code snippets)